Dear students, staff, and families,
As we have reimagined our former realities, and innovativeness has emerged, the integrity of talented individuals has risen to the surface. Trust, honesty, and transparency are being exhibited at new levels. We love to hear how our students are enjoying more family time and to witness the online interactions between one another and your fearless teachers. Someone mentioned the other day that instead of “Social Distancing”, it perhaps could have been termed “Physical Distancing” since there appears to still be much, if not more, socializing happening in altered ways using new tools of communication and electronic media.
Here are the latest Updates:
- Due to the Governor’s 3/23 Stay Home, Stay Healthy directive, our HS Office is no longer Open from 8-1 daily during the school week. Most materials have been distributed and picked up; however, if special arrangements need to be made, please let us know. Further information from our Superintendent is coming in this regard.
- School Handbook Remix Guidelines: Though much has changed, keep practicing your reliability in this regard, as well: ie No Plagiarism, do your own work, appropriate humor and language are appreciated, etc. Enough said, hopefully. 🙂
- Workload: Many of your teachers are inquiring with each of their classes to a get a pulse on the current needs and how to best balance your schedules. A generalWorkload and Tech Needs Survey will be sent tomorrow or Monday to gain a school wide snapshot of our most recent status.
- Zoom or other Live Chat session for each course will typically occur in our Mon/Fri Periods 1-7 Timeslots (in general)
- CHEER TRYOUTS 2020-21
- From Brenda Terpstra, Activities/Athletic Director: If you are interested in trying out for our Lynden Christian Cheer Team(s) for our 2020-2021 seasons please email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com for more information. Emails are due by March 27th – must be a current 9th-11th grader at LCHS.
That’s all for now. Our thoughts and best wishes continue to go out to each of you as you make these major adjustments. Your flexibility and courage are remarkable. We continue to uphold in prayer and in honor the medical professionals and others serving with their lives on the frontlines of this pandemic. May you continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and in strengthened dependence on Him and on one another.