TODD CURRAN MEMORIAL
The Whatcom County Student Athlete Scholarship was created by Jeff Reinert (former Sehome High School basketball player and current Head Basketball Coach, and Director of International Relations, at Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita, California) for the advancement of education for Whatcom County students. The Scholarship awards two students a year with a five thousand dollar scholarship to be used at any university or school the students select. Our fund-raising golf tournament celebrated its last year in the summer of 2013, finalizing our goal of having enough funds to carry the scholarships forward for years to come.
Todd Curran was someone who typifies the spirit of this scholarship. Todd attended Sehome High School from 1979 – 1981 and participated in basketball, football, and track and field. An excellent student and athlete, Todd was a three year letterman for the Mariners, graduating with a 3.9 G.P.A. Todd attended the University of Washington and graduated with a chemical engineering degree in 1986. Todd was married in 1993. He was 32 years old when cancer was diagnosed in November of that year. He loved to learn and looked forward sharing that with his only child, a daughter, born in 1994. In April of 1995, while living in Florida, Todd died of a brain tumor.
His memory lives on and is a fine example of what this scholarship is all about. Todd was a first class individual who represented himself, his family, and his school admirably. He cared about people and went out of his way to help those in need. The Whatcom County Student Athlete Scholarship is pleased to dedicate this scholarship to the memory of TODD CURRAN.
Whatcom County Student Athlete
Todd Curran Memorial
Please attach this form to your application packet and mail by December 31st 2019
Carol Curran Garguile 1401 W. Holly # 103 98225 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please list your full name, address and phone number in the space below:
Please provide the following information and attach to this form. Letters of recommendation do not need to be sealed.
1. List all sports you have participated in this year and describe your progress.
2. Please list the name(s) and phone number(s) of people who can verify your
participation in these sports.
3. Describe any community service projects you have been involved in this year.
3. Please list the name(s) and phone number(s) of people who can verify your
participation in these volunteer activities.
4. Please provide a short (one page or less) written statement explaining why you’d like to be considered for this scholarship. Include any information you feel should be considered.
5. Please supply a copy of your transcript.
6. Please submit three written recommendations. Sources may include teachers,
employers, coaches, community contacts, youth advisors, etc.
PLEASE DUPLICATE THIS FORM AS NECESSARY