Looking for fun and educational activities for your kids this summer? We are excited to once again offer SUMMER SCHOOL AND CAMPS! Registration is open for students entering grades 1 – 8. Directed by Amy Schouten and staffed by many of our current teachers, the purpose is to offer FUN, hands-on, engaging, and ENRICHING courses! New this year – SPANISH IMMERSION summer school; the purpose of which is to support Spanish speaking, listening, hearing, and reading skills through hands-on STEM and literacy activities.
Each summer school session will run for 3 weeks, with two sessions being offered. Please email Amy Schouten, Summer School Director, at email@example.com or Becky Midboe, Director of Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to register or for more information.
Click the button below to register for CAMPS only, to register for SCHOOL you must e-mail Amy Schouten directly, or speak to your child’s teacher. As you register your kids please pay close attention to dates and times as they are not uniform this year. Registration for each camp will close the Monday prior to the camp start date. Refunds or cancellations are no problem up to 2 weeks prior to the camp start date.
- SUMMER SCHOOL SESSION 1: June 20 – July 8, 8:30am – 12pm (includes traditional grades 1-6 and Spanish Immersion grades 1 & 2)
- SUMMER SCHOOL SESSION 2: July 18 – August 5, 8:30am – 12pm (includes traditional grades 1-6 and Spanish Immersion grades 3 – 5)
- CAMP SESSIONS: June 20-24, June 27-July 1, July 5-8, July 11-15, July 18-22, and July 25-29
SPECIAL INTEREST CAMPS
Chess – Lynden Christian has a strong chess tradition. Join us and learn how to properly play the most popular board game in the world. Terms such as fork, pins, skewers, castling, check, checkmate, and chess notation will be familiar to you by the end of camp. Come and join us for five days of chess fun at Lynden Christian!
- 2nd – 4th grade June 27-July 1, 12:30-2:00 (max 16)
- 5th – 8th grade June 27-July 1, 2:15-3:45 (max 16)
Archery – FULL
Ready, Set, Aim! This class is for beginning to intermediate Archers. When the shooter is on the line, they will learn good aiming techniques as well as stance and follow through. This is a fun class where focus and discipline are also learned and practiced.
4th – 6th grade June 20-24, 12:30-2:00 (max 10)FULL 4th – 6th grade July 18-22, 12:30-2:00 (max 10)FULL 4th – 6th grade July 25-29, 12:30-2:00 (max 10)FULL 4th – 8th grade July 18-22, 2:15-3:45 (max 10) NOTE now 4th – 8th gradeFULL
Cooking – FULL
Cooking isn’t just a way to prepare food, it can be creative too. For successful cooking and safety, a cook should use quality ingredients, proper equipment, and follow a few basic kitchen rules. In this class you will discover that cooking can be easy, fun, and best of all, you get to eat what you make!
1st – 3rd grade June 27-July 1, 12:30-2:00 (max 12)FULL 1st – 3rd grade June 27-July 1, 2:15-3:45 (max 12)FULL
Art – FULL
Global Art Class will teach your young artist about the unique and amazing world we live! These fun and engaging lessons will help your artist explore five regions of the world: Africa, Asia, Central America & Mexico, Europe, and Oceania. They will also have the opportunity to create their artwork inspired by what they have learned. These classes are a great way to encourage creativity!
1st – 3rd grade June 20-24, 12:30 – 2:00 (max12) FULL 4th – 6th grade July 25-29, 12:30 – 2:00 (max 16)FULL
- 1st – 3rd grade June 27-July 1, 2:15-3:45 (max 16) – “Bach n’ Roll” (1st -3rd) Get into the swing of things this summer with a class designed for budding musicians. Students will have the opportunity to study rhythm, music theory, listening, movement, percussion, and voice. Musical games and activities will keep your students’ feet tapping!
- 4th – 6th grade June 27-July 1, 12:30-2:00 (max 16) – “Sounds of Summer” (4th – 6th) Cool off and beat the summer heat with the sweet sounds of music. This class is designed to expose students to many aspects of music including movement, rhythm, exploring creativity, music theory and history. Using group activities and games, your student can brush up on their musical ability or be inspired to try music for the first time. They’ll be sure to leave class humming a tune!
*Sports camp registration price includes a camp t-shirt
Basketball – Come experience basketball in a positive environment!
- Boys and Girls Little Dribblers (1st – 3rd) July 11-13, 9:30-11:00 – With a focus on having fun while learning basketball’s fundamentals, this camp is a great learning opportunity for kids of all skill levels.
- Girls 4th – 8th grade July 11-14, 11:30-2:00 – With a focus on basketball skill development and team-building principles featuring individual and team contests.
- Boys 4th – 8th grade July 11-14, 2:30-4:30
Tennis – Let’s Go Play! Our tennis camp will provide a fun learning experience for beginner to intermediate players. They will be introduced to basic skills and techniques for their tennis game. They will learn the fundamental strokes, footwork, and rules using a combination of drills and games.
1st – 3rd grade July 25-29, 12:30-2:00 (max 25)FULL
- 4th – 6th grade July 25-29, 2:15-3:45 (max 25)
Golf – All skill levels are welcome! Join in and learn new skills, or improve on the ones you already have! Golf camp will be held at Homestead Farms Golf Club.
- 4th – 8th grade July 18-21, 4:30-6:00
Volleyball – Campers will be taught the basic fundamentals of the game, including techniques in passing, setting, hitting, and serving. Come improve your skills and learn some new ones!
- 4th – 9th grade June 22-24, 12:30-2:30
Football – Ready, set, hut! Our football camp will teach fundamental skills, including offensive and defensive drills in a fun environment!
- 4th – 6th grade June 21-24, 12:30-2:00
- 7th – 8th grade June 20-24, 2:15-3:45
Soccer – Burn off some energy and learn something new at soccer camp this year! All skill levels are welcome and all campers are sure to have a fun week of drills, skill-building, and games!
- 1st – 3rd grade July 18-22, 4:30-6:00
- 4th – 6th grade July 18-22, 3:00-4:30
Baseball – Play Ball! We will have coaches to work with each defensive group: infield, outfield, catchers, and pitchers. Working on developing proper techniques for each position. We will also be working with the boys on hitting and baserunning. There will be multiple competitions to earn some fun prizes including a wiffle ball game, and a live game at the end of camp.
- 4th – 8th grade July 5-8, 12:30-2:00