Welcome to Lynden Christian Spanish Immersion!
Would you like your child to be bilingual and challenged academically? Lynden Christian’s Spanish Immersion program may be for you!
Lynden Christian partners with add.a.lingua to help design a research-based curriculum, provide experience in immersion education, and facilitate teacher training. Their expertise in working with other Christian Schools throughout the country will give our program the support and training for a terrific foundation. More information about add.a.lingua can be found on their website.
What is Immersion?
- A research-based, proven method of educating children by immersing them in a second or “target” language so they become fully bilingual.
- The classroom environment becomes the setting for language acquisition through core subject content instruction, educational discourse, and social interactions.
How does it work?
- Students begin their immersion experience in preschool, kindergarten, or first grade.
- Students are taught to read, write, and converse in Spanish by becoming immersed in the Spanish language throughout the school day. All core subject areas are taught in Spanish.
- Explicit teaching of English only skills (that are not transferable), beginning in third grade, occurs through core subject areas such as social studies or science.
- By the end of fifth grade, students will become fluent in Spanish (as compared to a native speaking fifth grader).
- In grades sixth-eighth, students will transition into a secondary continuing immersion experience that will allow students to further build academic vocabulary in Spanish while still changing classes and interacting with their English only classmates.
The Benefits of Spanish Immersion
Research reveals the following benefits to learning a second language:
- Has a positive effect on intellectual growth and enhances a child’s mental development.
- Produces students with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for listening.
- Improves children’s understanding of their own native language.
- Enhances children’s ability to learn additional languages.
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps children understand and appreciate people from other countries.
- Increases job opportunities in all careers.
Our preschool program is one of new beginnings and it is our goal to open up a whole new world of learning for your child. Our teachers provide an atmosphere of belonging with love, compassion, warmth and fairness.
We currently offer preschool classes for children ages 3 and 4. Children must turn 3 or 4 by August 31st to enter into that class. All students are required to be fully independent in the bathroom. Preschool is a blended program of Christ-centered academics and social development presented in a creative and playful manner.
In preschool we strive to:
- Provide a safe, caring environment in which children can discover, explore, and learn about themselves, others, and the world that God created
- Model and encourage the love of God
- Povide a basic foundation for your child’s future education
- Provide an opportunity for cooperative play and learning
- Provide each child with learning experiences in music, art, reading, math and writing inspire creative development
- Build a positive self-concept
- Instill in each child the knowledge of their value as a precious child of God
Our Kindergarten Spanish program provides a vibrant atmosphere where learning is fun and active. Loving words and actions in a structured classroom environment surround the children. A teacher provides personal attention to the learning needs of each child.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
Our goals are to:
- Provide a Christian atmosphere where God’s love is openly expressed
- Ensure a smooth transition from home to school
- Inspire language development
- Allow for plenty of opportunities at cooperative learning and play
- Provide a solid academic foundation
- Design our program so all children have the opportunity to feel the joy of achievement
Our academic program seeks to challenge each student while meeting their unique interests and readiness. We believe that the school is an extension of the Christian home, reinforcing the faith and values of parents. Come join us in this wonderful adventure of Christian education in Spanish! Please contact Ezra Stump at (360) 318-9525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.