Our buses are off and rolling for another year. We are asking your prayers for a safe, accident-free year. We ask that you as parents continually encourage your children to maintain good behavior on the buses, at the bus stops and as they walk to school. All 10 buses are running at maximum capacity.
Here are some very important rules to follow:
- The driver is in full charge of the bus and students. Students must obey the driver and be respectful at all times.
- Students must conduct themselves in an orderly manner.
- Students are to remain seated while the bus is in motion and are not to get on or off the bus until it has come to a full stop.
- Students are not permitted to eat on the bus and are asked to assist in keeping the bus clean by not littering the floor with paper, etc.
- Students shall need written permission by a teacher or parent to ride another bus or to be dropped at a different location. Our buses are running at maximum capacity and do not allow for extra riders. If you are planning on having your child have extra riders for a special occasion, please contact your bus driver to make sure there is enough room. Every student has been assigned a bus and should stay on that route.
- THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
- Bad language or obscene gestures.
- Excessive noise.
- Fighting or harassing other students.
- Throwing things.
- Marking or damaging seats on bus.
- THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS WILL BE TAKEN IF A STUDENT MISBEHAVES:
- On the first offense the student will sit in a front seat until the driver gives permission to sit elsewhere.
- On the second offense the student will sit in a front seat until the student gives the driver a note of apology signed by parents.
- On the third offense the student will not be allowed to ride the bus until a note of apology by the student is handed to the driver by one of the parents.
- If the student continues to misbehave, the problem will be turned over to the student’s principal and the school board. The student will not be allowed to ride until an agreement is reached.
We at the Transportation Department certainly want to thank you for your cooperation.