Life here at Evergreen Christian School.
Evergreen Christian School is a community in which parents, staff, and students strengthen each other in living out the gospel of Jesus Christ in teaching and learning. At Evergreen Christian School students are viewed as God's children, created in His image to be nurtured, developed and encouraged to use their talents and gifts for a life of responsible Christian service. Students are nurtured to understand themselves as living in God's story, each with a unique role designed by God.
Our preschool program is one of new beginnings and it is our goal to open up a whole new world of learning for your child. Our teachers provide an atmosphere of belonging with love, compassion, warmth and fairness.
In preschool we strive to:
- Provide a safe, caring environment in which children can discover, explore, and learn about themselves, others, and the world that God created
- Model and encourage the love of God
- Povide a basic foundation for your child's future education
- Provide an opportunity for cooperative play and learning
- Provide each child with learning experiences in music, art, reading, math and writing inspire creative development
- Build a positive self-concept
- Instill in each child the knowledge of their value as a precious child of God
Our Kindergarten program provides a vibrant atmosphere where learning is fun and active. Loving words and actions in a structured classroom environment surround the children. A certified teacher provides personal attention to the learning needs of each child. Instruction is differentiated based on the ability of the learner.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14
Our goals are to:
- Provide a Christian atmosphere where God's love is openly expressed
- Ensure a smooth transition from home to school
- Inspire language development
- Allow for plenty of opportunities at cooperative learning and play
- Provide a solid academic foundation
- Design our program so all children have the opportunity to feel the joy of achievement
Over the years, our Bellingham campuses have developed as an amazing community of teachers and parents who work together to educate students with a Christian worldview. Students are nurtured, supported, and encouraged to see their unique strengths, gifts and talents as opportunities to serve God and their fellow man, thereby having a transforming effect on their culture and their world. Teachers are reshaping their curriculum to not only achieve state and national standards but also to create learning experiences that are formational in faith and learning.
Our academic program seeks to challenge each student while meeting their unique interests and readiness. We believe that the school is an extension of the Christian home, reinforcing the faith and values of parents. Come join us in this wonderful adventure of Christian education!